Scrolling through the local want ads, I came across this…
Google: Massage Therapist, Table Massage – Ann Arbor Company: Google Inc.
This is a Full Time positionCompensation:
Google was recently recognized by Fortune Magazine as the #1 Best Company to Work For
Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and developing a culture that’s great for all our employees. So we offer Googlers a generous host of benefits as part of our efforts to keep Google a motivating, healthy, and productive place:
Health care for you and your family, vacation days and holidays, and flexible work hours, maternity and parental leave, employee referral bonus program, employee assistance services for personal issues, learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, Google Child Care Center ( near Google headquarters), free shuttle service to several Bay Area locations, Fuel Efficiency Vehicle Incentive Program, and onsite dry cleaning, plus a coin-free laundry room in the Mountain View office.
This position is based in Ann Arbor, MI.
The area: Human Resources – Benefits
Google employees have a wide variety of interests both inside and outside Google. We strive to design a unique benefits package that helps Googlers balance their busy lives and allow them to focus on the things they love to do. To that end, the Benefits group has developed a wide variety of comprehensive programs to meet the various needs of our diverse population. Among the programs we offer at our U.S. headquarters include a world-class children’s center, a wellness center with on-site physicians, four full-service fitness centers and massage services. We also provide gourmet meals, car wash and laundry services along with many other on-site services. All of these are offered are in addition to our top-tier health plans and a generous 401(k) matching program.
The role: Massage Therapist Table Massage Ann Arbor
Google’s massage program began in 1999 and maintains its status as the most popular onsite perk in the company (with the possible exception of our gourmet cuisine). The Massage Program is expanding rapidly in response to Googles growth by bringing soothing and therapeutic massage services to Googlers around the globe.
Google is seeking exceptionally talented massage therapists in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area to provide onsite massage therapy. We are seeking individuals who will be capable independent workers, as well as enthusiastic team collaborators. Successful candidates will enjoy interacting with our diverse employee population. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and advanced therapeutic massage skills.
Our massage team consists of highly trained and experienced professionals.
If you are an experienced massage therapist with great presence and quality of touch, who truly enjoys matching your expert technical skills with excellent customer service, then we encourage you to apply for this position. Help us to turn our tired and sore Googlers into relaxed and happy ones!
- Provide high quality table massage work on a timely schedule.
- Monitor sign up list and notify tardy clients, making a good faith effort to fill every available appointment.
- Help to maintain the Zen-like massage rooms in working order, report on conditions, and provide a list of items to be restocked.Requirements
Travel Percentage: 0%
- Professional education and certification in Swedish and Deep Tissue massage, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 500 certified massage hours, must be documented in resume with dates and names of schools.
- 3 or more years of professional massage work experience post massage certification.
- National Massage Certification.
- Ability to offer table massage.
- Ability to work up to three 45 hr shifts Monday-Friday.
- Computer skills to access and reply to Gmail and access programs to perform job duties.
Um…Yeah….I can do that.